Hazel Grove High School News

Jacksons Lane, Hazel Grove, Stockport, SK7 5JX

0 Area has not been reviewed yet

Hazel Grove High now officially an Academy.

This thread was submitted to Hazel Grove

<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 >>

Limecat
Banned
Re: Hazel Grove High now officially an Academy.
13th March 2012 at 2:47AM
Drifter Wrote:

Great news for the school and the community of Hazel Grove.

I went to HGHS and my kids did too. It's always been a great school

AFPMSL. That is 110% the funniest thing that I have read not only on here but also the Internet in general.

I went to HGHS and I can genuinely say that there was only 1 inspirational teacher; Mr Bean. Most were completely crap, generally incompetent or just well out of their depth.

Are you SERIOUSLY trying to claim that it is better than Poynton/Bramhall as a state school or Stockport Grammar when talking about an area? Fool.

Seriously, put down the crack pipe. It's people like you who REALLY annoy me, you seem to try to put this average town on some pedestal that it doesn't deserve. Sort you head out and accept that you DO NOT live in a posh or desirable area. It's Hazel Grove, not Hollywood.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
Coleman
Good Citizen

Coleman
14th March 2012 at 12:23PM
Peter Devine,
I have rejected your thread because this one is already running! Here is the link you wanted to post:
http://blogs.menmedia.co.uk/stockport/2012/03/14/128/
OliverJohnstone
Hazel Grove Councillor

OliverJohnstone
14th March 2012 at 12:27PM
Whilst I am very open-minded on this particular instance of an academy - I am not surprised the unions or Cllr Bodsworth are opposing this move.

Means less power and influence for them both.
cllrkevinhogg
Hazel Grove Councillor

cllrkevinhogg
14th March 2012 at 12:45PM
Means nothing of the kind . The school was already autonomous with the governing body making all the decisions.

If Cllr Bodsworth had any say he would have prevented this very bad move. The main motive behind this as I understand is to introduce a 6th form. Amove that will damage our other local colleges due to a reduced intake.

We are either a family of schools together or a fractured system with dog eat dog
0 Likes 1 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
local
Drifter
14th March 2012 at 12:48PM
Although I usually disagree with Limecats comments, this time I have to say he is 100% correct.
Mr Bean was an outstanding teacher who I was lucky to have for 5 years
Coleman
Good Citizen

Coleman
14th March 2012 at 1:02PM
Drifter Wrote:

Although I usually disagree with Limecats comments, this time I have to say he is 100% correct.
Mr Bean was an outstanding teacher who I was lucky to have for 5 years

I'd vouch for that! He was my form tutor for my last 3 years at the school!

I am astounded by how the school has changed in the last 10 years though, it seems to have gone so far down hill in the time since i left (it was more then a bit ropey when i was there). They jump up and down about their (admittedly) good test results but from what i hear the kids hate the place, the parents have no faith in the place and often dislike it, even the teachers have been know to complain about the place!
OliverJohnstone
Hazel Grove Councillor

OliverJohnstone
14th March 2012 at 1:13PM
I am behind whatever the parents want - it is their children who will use the school.

If their is a case to be argued that the majority of parents are against it then the school should not be converted into an academy.

Aquinas College is already massively oversubscribed. Not sure about the others. I really don't think that HGHS converting into an academy should be based on other sixth form's ability to attract students.

Robot69
Citizen

Robot69
14th March 2012 at 1:13PM
Is he the one that looks like Lee Evans (without the sweat!) ?

HGHS has always been the lower of the bunch of high schools in the area which is one of the reasons I didn't go as a kid (the days of the fighter plane in the front field). My eldest went and he took out of it what he put into it without the teaching staff coming up with something challenging to keep his interest.

The current head came in when, for the previous three years, a new head was moved on each year. Staff retention was appalling - son had five English teachers in one year!. She has brought some stability to the school and yes she has upset a number of people when trying to move the school forward. As the saying goes, you can't make an omelet without breaking eggs.

Its still poor, but not as poor as it used to be going off this years exam results. The one school in the area that has impressed me is Cheadle Hulme HS (no, not the private one before anyone gets the wrong school again). Shame no buses go there from HG for my youngest, will have to make do with Poynton
OliverJohnstone
Hazel Grove Councillor

OliverJohnstone
14th March 2012 at 1:14PM
Very true about Mr Bean. I'll never forget his joke about tectonic plates and textbooks. Great guy!
Oily Rag
Drifter
14th March 2012 at 4:00PM
Thank God for our local council – without them all, what on earth would we have to laugh at? If it’s not Kevin Godd, with his “I know nowt but that’s no reason not to eulogise like a washer woman”, its Mr Bodswoman with his “tell any tail you like to hang grimly onto as much power as you can at all cost”.
Let’s be clear: I am a member of the group of people who did not respond to the High School / Academy Consultation. I did not respond because there was no need. The then Governors proposed to change the school to an academy and I did not need to respond because this was a good idea. I have since spoken with a great many of my neighbours and their view is the same – good idea, job done. So to imagine that these illegitimate voices on a website forum speak for the majority is profoundly foolish – we (the majority) got what we wanted because it was the right thing to do.
If the petty-minded, short-sighted, small-minded, parochial, back-biting people who continue to pontificate were to stop for but a moment and realise that the additional advantages that this position brings to the school is to better the education and welfare of the students at the school rather than to serve the self-aggrandisement and personal ends of themselves, we would all be better served by the school and our councillors.
1 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 >>

Tagged With..