Hazel Grove High School News

Jacksons Lane, Hazel Grove, Stockport, SK7 5JX

0 Area has not been reviewed yet

Hazel Grove High now officially an Academy.

This thread was submitted to Hazel Grove

<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 >>

Sue
Drifter
Hazel Grove High now officially an Academy.
3rd March 2012 at 1:36PM
On March 1st 2012 Hazel Grove High officially became an Academy under the Acadamies Act 2010 proudly announced on the schools website. What does this mean for parents, students and staff of the school?
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Quote Report  
HG-21
Banned
Re: Hazel Grove High now officially an Academy.
5th March 2012 at 12:32PM
Probably doesn't mean anything. It's just fancy name.
They still teach the same stuff.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
Peter Devine
Drifter
7th March 2012 at 10:34AM
I am putting together a report on this for the Stockport Express, and if any parents/teachers/residents would like to comment on it please feel free to contact me on 0161 211 2817 or e-mail me your views on peter.devine@menmedia.co.uk
vulcanman
Townsperson

vulcanman
8th March 2012 at 10:09AM
No redundancies
Unions happy
The same staff
Fresh injection of cash
No change in the school uniform
Jo
Drifter
8th March 2012 at 8:10PM
Ive heard rumours that Mrs Nolan is leaving at the end of the year, so hope this is true for the sake of the children, Academy status is an absolute joke. Maybe she should take a look at the many unhappy children and staff and listen to what they want and need. Glad my children are coming to an end of their school life and can put Hazel Grove High behind them, I have nothing good to say about the place and wish I hadnt sent my children there but it was a great school before she beagn making changes.
happylife1
Idler

happylife1
9th March 2012 at 7:00AM
Hello everyone, I'm happy to hear about this. This is something that the community can be proud of.
Debbieh
Villager

Debbieh
9th March 2012 at 8:44AM
Here Here, though my daughter has another 2 sad and hard years ahead of her there!!!
JoJo
Villager

JoJo
9th March 2012 at 2:11PM
I'm in the catchment area for Hazel Grove High and my daughter is due to start high school in September 2013 but there's no way she'll be attending HGHS, I will move if necessary. I went to that school between 1997-2002 when it was actually ok, as did all my siblings, but after seeing the changes over the last few years it's no longer a school I would be happy for my daughter to attend. The new Academy status doesn't exactly fill me with enthusiasm either
cllrkevinhogg
Hazel Grove Councillor

cllrkevinhogg
9th March 2012 at 6:46PM
It doesn`t fill me with glee I can tell you.
Avondale academy is not good and the head is talking about leaving.
A couple of years will be needed to see if this goes the same way, but most academies are not good. Some are a success but in my opinion, if it is worth anything, is that this is a retrograde step brought in against most parents wishes.
0 Likes 1 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
Reg
Drifter
12th March 2012 at 10:59PM
Great news for the school and the community of Hazel Grove.

I went to HGHS and my kids did too. It's always been a great school and with the injection of over half a million pounds additional cash each year and the security of being able to run its own affairs for the next 125 years, I have no doubt that it will become the best school in the area in no time at all. I understand it's had the best results locally for a number of years now anyway.

Also according to the web site press release it looks like they're opening a sixth form next year too, that's long over due and can only be a good thing. :-)
OliverJohnstone
Hazel Grove Councillor

OliverJohnstone
12th March 2012 at 11:13PM
I think Academies are only a good idea when parents and teachers have participated in a thorough consultation process.

Broadly in principle I think they are an exciting opportunity for real people to take control of local schools. It's still a state school but with the opportunity to harness the same innovative leadership style found in the independent sector.
<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 >>

Tagged With..