0 Area has not been reviewed yet

HG Cricket Club Page

<< 1 2 3 >>

Rene
CiviCr

Rene
HG Cricket Club Page
30th July 2012 at 12:50PM, Edit: 31st July 2012 at 10:11AM by Scott
We have added a section that brings together all the Hazel Grove Cricket Club related stuff on the site and hopefully can be a place for club members and locals to use.

The club page can be found here
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Quote Report  
TwistedBanana
Townsperson

TwistedBanana
Re: HG Cricket Club Page
30th July 2012 at 3:07PM
Interesting that this has been added. A bit of news then.

First team struggling a little this season but a couple of wins should see them placed in a more comfortable postion away from the releagation places.

Seconds are flying high at the top of their division having won 10 out of the 11 games played.

Juniors has been pretty hit and miss this year with the weather decimating the fixture list.

Bet the Norbury boys will want their own page now as well
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
JDSUP4IT
Top Photographer

JDSUP4IT
30th July 2012 at 5:25PM
HGCC is holding a fund raising Quiz on Friday 14th September at Hazel Grove Conservative Club, Chester Road. Proceedings begin at 8.00pm. It will be good to see you there, on what will hopefully be a great evenings entertainment. So why not come along - your attendance will be most appreciated. Our aim is to raise much needed funds to enable us to continue running the four cricket teams within the club.
Robot69
Citizen

Robot69
30th July 2012 at 10:28PM
Shouldn't this be in the sports section.

And sport doesn't mean how far you can p1ss or how many pints you can sink or how many rounds you go with the wife before knocking her out!
0 Likes 1 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
BlueGrover
Good Citizen

BlueGrover
31st July 2012 at 8:36AM
TwistedBanana Wrote:

Interesting that this has been added. A bit of news then.

First team struggling a little this season but a couple of wins should see them placed in a more comfortable postion away from the releagation places.

Seconds are flying high at the top of their division having won 10 out of the 11 games played.

Juniors has been pretty hit and miss this year with the weather decimating the fixture list.

You bet your sweet bippy. Admin please arrange?
Coleman
Good Citizen

Coleman
31st July 2012 at 8:42AM
How come cricket has gotten a page before more popular sports such as football? I'm not complaining since i don't follow any sports at local amateur level since i gave up playing roller hockey. Just find it odd such an obscure sport gets a page first.
Andy
CiviCr

Andy
31st July 2012 at 9:40AM
BlueGrover Wrote:

TwistedBanana Wrote:

You bet your sweet bippy. Admin please arrange?

Yes we can. The HG cricket club already had news items and photos on the site so thought it was a good place to start.

Every club can have a section, just need to ask. However ideally would like to see some pictures and activity on there and someone to admin the area.
Scott
CiviCr

Scott
31st July 2012 at 10:07AM, Edit: 31st July 2012 at 10:13AM by AndySK
We have added Norbury Cricket Club to our clubs list and it can be found here.

If there are other clubs (sports or otherwise) that would like their own page, they can be submitted here
BlueGrover
Good Citizen

BlueGrover
1st August 2012 at 8:21AM, Edit: 1st August 2012 at 8:27AM by BlueGrover
Coleman Wrote:

How come cricket has gotten a page before more popular sports such as football? I'm not complaining since i don't follow any sports at local amateur level since i gave up playing roller hockey. Just find it odd such an obscure sport gets a page first.
We have a page because both HGCC and NCC asked for a page.

"Obscure sport?"

England No1 Test team in the world (that may change later this week!) World 20/20 Champs and improving in the 50 over game.

Pop down to Norbury playing fields on a dry (if we have another one this year) Wednesday/Thursday evening and you will find upwards of 50 kids from 5 - 15 being coached in cricket. I am sure the same can be said for our friends and rivals at Hazel Grove.

What sports would you like to be showcased on here?

I can talk sport all day long, but calling cricket obscure is in my view a poor shout.
Coleman
Good Citizen

Coleman
1st August 2012 at 9:28AM, Edit: 1st August 2012 at 9:34AM by Coleman
I call it Obscure because they don't teach it in schools, they don't show it on tv (terrestrial), etc.

Obscure may not be quite the right word, but on a ranked list of sports by public knowledge/popularity cricket is way, way down the list behind sports such as, Football, Tennis, Boxing, Rugby, etc. Even Snooker and Darts get many times more coverage than Cricket does!

I'm not bothered what sports get coverage on here, as i said i don't follow any local amateur sports teams. I just found it strange that Cricket got covered before other moor popular sports. But as you say the teams asked, so that's that answered!
Robot69
Citizen

Robot69
1st August 2012 at 9:47AM
You can tell you don't follow any sport 'cos that post above is utter b0llocks and just a view from your tiny uneducated mind!
1 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
<< 1 2 3 >>