Hazel Grove Blues

This thread was submitted to Hazel Grove

This Thread is Locked

This Thread has been locked by a forum moderator.

<< 1 2 3 4 5 >>

BlueGrover
Good Citizen

BlueGrover
Re: Hazel Grove Blues
20th June 2013 at 3:45PM, Edit: 20th June 2013 at 3:46PM by BlueGrover
Coleman Wrote:

Blue, i don't know why you let yourself be drawn in, you know what he's like! Norma, do you really have to try and start arguments over nothing? Leave it out will you! I don't want to ban you, as i have said before i tend to agree with a lot of what you say (if not the way you put it), but if you are going to start causing arguments then a will!

Just a bad day at the office. I'll give myself a good talking to.

0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
Norma_Stitts
Supervised

Norma_Stitts
20th June 2013 at 3:59PM
Coleman Wrote:

Blue, i don't know why you let yourself be drawn in, you know what he's like!

Norma, do you really have to try and start arguments over nothing? Leave it out will you! I don't want to ban you, as i have said before i tend to agree with a lot of what you say (if not the way you put it), but if you are going to start causing arguments then a will!

My point is Coleman that mods/admin set the tone. It puts you in pretty awkward position if all the users start calling each other cocks because they don't agree with something. You then moderate accordingly and create a division of the userbase because its deemed acceptable as long as you're site staff.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
Coleman
Good Citizen

Coleman
20th June 2013 at 5:45PM
I see your point, but you have to see why what you wrote could evoke that reaction?

Can we just say no more name calling and no fishing for arguments, the forum has been pretty free flowing lately I'm sure everyone would like to keep it that way!
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
Norma_Stitts
Supervised

Norma_Stitts
20th June 2013 at 10:09PM
Coleman Wrote:

I see your point, but you have to see why what you wrote could evoke that reaction?

Can we just say no more name calling and no fishing for arguments, the forum has been pretty free flowing lately I'm sure everyone would like to keep it that way!

Anything could create a reaction if someone doesn't agree with it.

I haven't resorted to fishing for arguments or name calling, that's my entire point. I made a throw away comment and someone else decided to create an argument around that as a result of them name calling. I'm happy to let it drop now that it has been acknowledged and hopefully taken on board. I just expect a level playing field, not a corrupt dictatorship otherwise you end up with the Internet version of Syria. We are probably approaching it from different sides of the fence but with the same end goal in site.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
Damien
Villager

Damien
24th June 2013 at 1:24PM
Norma why are you bragging about the irresponsible speeds you have achieved, to people who blatantly are uninterested and unimpressed by such acts? I can't imagine a local Hazel Grove forum being a huge magnet for boy racer chavs if I'm honest.

Like-wise, I doubt anybody is particularly impressed by how much somebody fleeced you for a set of brakes. they're more likely to pity you than anything else.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
Norma_Stitts
Supervised

Norma_Stitts
24th June 2013 at 6:04PM
Damien Wrote:

to people who blatantly are uninterested and unimpressed by such acts?

So uninterested that you dug up the thread to comment on something posted 13 days ago!?!

You didn't think that one through did you?   clap
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
Brian2013
Villager

Brian2013
24th June 2013 at 6:15PM
That really is very fair comment. Some smart ar*es just want to have a go
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
BlueGrover
Good Citizen

BlueGrover
25th June 2013 at 8:35AM
Coleman Wrote:

Agreed. My comment was a OTT, as I said, bad day at the office.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
Fi_nix
Top Reviewer

Fi_nix
25th June 2013 at 9:13AM
I quite like some of the etymology explanations for the word 'cock'. My favourite being:-

cock (n.1)
Old English cocc was a nickname for "one who strutted like a cock," thus a common term in the Middle Ages for a pert boy, used of scullions, apprentices, servants, etc.

OTT BlueGrover? No, I don't think so in this case. In fact, I applaud your accurate usage although I suspect, from other comments made on this forum, Norma is a little long in the tooth now to be considered 'pert' on any level - LOL evil-grin
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
Norma_Stitts
Supervised

Norma_Stitts
25th June 2013 at 11:03PM
BlueGrover Wrote:

Coleman Wrote:

Agreed. My comment was a OTT, as I said, bad day at the office.

Semi-apology is semi-accepted...   rotfl

As long as you act like an adult in future rather than a foul mouthed primary school child, I am sure that we will be fine.   grin
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  

<< 1 2 3 4 5 >>

Local Discussions