0 Area has not been reviewed yet

The Blue Lagoon

This thread was submitted to Hazel Grove

<< 1 2 3 >>

Expert
Drifter
Re: The Blue Lagoon
16th March 2012 at 3:31PM
There was a large smelly pond and the pool itself but nothing remains of either of them. The access was from Sandhurst Road and Bryone Drive and Withypool Drive have been built over both.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
adzcorki
Villager

adzcorki
24th March 2013 at 8:18PM
If anyone is still interested about this, there are 1970 maps at

http://maps.cheshire.gov.uk/tithemaps/TwinMaps.aspx?township=EDT_370-2

Check on the land behind stockport school. also interesting is the 'castle' listed on the 1870 maps in the area, road near that now called 'castle farm drive'
natbags
Villager

natbags
24th March 2013 at 10:49PM
Going back to Offerton,I grew up there in the seventies and remember Woodlands Park realy well,I remember spending the whole of the school holidays there playing and jumping about in the pool and messing about on the boating lake,..Oh to be young again! I remember loads of the kids from Parish Church Primary being there and the mums lying on the grass using butter as suntan cream!(Idont think im imagining this as ridiculous as it sounds)I remember "bunkin'off" school as well when I was a bit older and went to Offerton High,and spending the afternoon there.I think I only did it once or twice though as I didn't want to face the wrath of Mrs Irving chucking her clogs at me for not being in the geography lesson! I think I do remember old joe vaguely,was he the grumpy old bloke that groaned at you if you didnt paddle your boat back on time?
Dialstone
Villager

Dialstone
5th May 2013 at 8:08AM
Ah, the Blu-la. Until I went for the first time in 1963, that's what I really thought it was called. I remember the big board at the entrance, and when I saw 'Blue Lagoon', it was like a 'duh'-moment! I was 14, and met my first love there - lasted 4 years. Happy Daze!
philipmarsh
Newcomer

philipmarsh
24th October 2015 at 6:33AM
I went to the blue lagoon in the 60s when a Mr cooper and his two sons ran it. He developed it in to live music and late night swimming with the whole pool under flood light.I met many of my childhood sweethearts from the local schools for a bag of chips and a swim. All gone now with a small housing estate. One thing does remain in a garden; a small bridge that was on the field behind the diving boards.
87exgrover
Idler

87exgrover
12th October 2017 at 8:11PM
The Blue Lagoon was situated at the top of Lake Street.the entrance was on the road which ran at an angle to top of Lake Street (can't remember the name of the road).When it first opened in addition there were canoes for hire on the adjoining lake.Spent many happy hours there.We were also taken there for swimming lessons from school by the infamous Ben Gauden.All this was just prior to WW2.
<< 1 2 3 >>