The money pit

This thread was submitted to Hazel Grove

<< 1 2 >>

Prodigal
Townsperson

Prodigal
The money pit
9th June 2011 at 2:19PM, Edit: 9th June 2011 at 2:22PM by Prodigal
While the majority of Councils in the Northwest are having to make massive cut backs, the black hole that is Liverpool, has just finished spending 3-7 mill, of Government money, on restoring the festival gardens, what do we get, Council staff job losses, public toilet closures, grassed over flower beds in parks and gardens, the threat of closure of the Woodbank nursery and much much more, is it because we don't WHINGE loud enough and long enough, or is it, in this big society, every one's equal, just some are more equal than others.

P.S Betfred has opened a book that within a couple of weeks of opening it will have been vandalised.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Quote Report  
Adora
Good Citizen

Adora
Re: The money pit
9th June 2011 at 2:38PM

Short odds then!
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
Prodigal
Townsperson

Prodigal
9th June 2011 at 3:00PM, Edit: 9th June 2011 at 2:59PM by Prodigal
Heard a rumour that they've got a back up plan for who to blame when it happens, because it wont be their fault, it never is.
Climate
Drifter
9th June 2011 at 3:24PM
Public toilet closures?

They put one up at the 192 stop in recent times! Who in their right minds cares about public toilets? Seriously? When did you last use one? I would rather soil myself than go within 10' of one without a protective outfit.
Prodigal
Townsperson

Prodigal
9th June 2011 at 3:37PM
Guest Wrote:

Public toilet closures?

They put one up at the 192 stop in recent times! Who in their right minds cares about public toilets? Seriously? When did you last use one? I would rather soil myself than go within 10' of one without a protective outfit.

Come back when you've grown up.

This post has been removed by a Forum Moderator because it broke the house rules.

Adora
Good Citizen

Adora
9th June 2011 at 5:07PM

Climate, when the mood takes you and I mean REALLY takes you, any bog will do, especially for us laydeeees! S'alright for you blokes but we of the squatting fraternity seem to go like helicopters when it comes to emergency wee's and it ruins ones shoes!

Prod's right. It's pretty difficult to stomach seeing such expenditure when everywhere else is getting less than nowt but I'm guessing the money for that project was ring-fenced long ago.

Climate
Drifter
9th June 2011 at 5:45PM
Sorry Mum.

I honestly cannot recall using a public toilet. I used one in Didsbury about 10 years ago.

Public toilets being an issue? Seriously, jog on.
Adora
Good Citizen

Adora
9th June 2011 at 5:50PM

Jog on? With my pelvic floor? Yer 'avin' a laff!

Public loos are what they are - for the most part, they're grim but better than nothing when you need them! Anyway, whaddya think you're going in to when you stop at a motorway service station, or nip in the loo at the pub, or go on a train...they're all public!

They have public toilets in Didsbury? That's news to me - everyone just seemed to go in shop doorways when ever I was down that way! When you went, did you see a sign on the outside that saud "TOLET" :-D
Prodigal
Townsperson

Prodigal
9th June 2011 at 5:55PM
Behave yourselves you two, or you'll both go to the naughty step.
Adora
Good Citizen

Adora
9th June 2011 at 5:56PM

Soz Prod - but I DO understand where you're coming from :-D
<< 1 2 >>