This thread was submitted to Hazel Grove

<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >>

Adora
Good Citizen

Adora
Re: Poynton road scheme - tried it yet?
9th January 2012 at 11:17AM, Edit: 9th January 2012 at 11:18AM by Adora
Graham Steele Wrote:

... narrow minded planners do they narrow it to further delude themselve into thinking they live in some quiet little rural village without any thought of the misery they cause to commuters and residents alike get real planners or better still resign and let somebody who lives in the real world takeover and sort this mess out especially the timing of the traffic lights.

So do you think the whole multi-million pound project was undertaken without any research then Graham?

Do you think the whole thing has been done just because a handful of councillors believe they can create some kind of utopia?

Do you think all the engineers, planners, and other experts who have spent years and years learning their trade had nothing but aesthetics and a mild, wild idea in mind?

Do you think that all the organisations who financially contributed millions of pounds to the scheme just chucked their money at it for the sake of hacking off road users?

Do you think that each and every single other traffic management alternative was never researched?
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
cllrkevinhogg
Hazel Grove Councillor

cllrkevinhogg
9th January 2012 at 11:46AM
Whoah D your sounding like a politition
But you are right in what you say
by the way have you still got the chickens or have you sold them to KFC
Adora
Good Citizen

Adora
9th January 2012 at 1:16PM, Edit: 9th January 2012 at 1:35PM by Adora
Oh Lordy, Kevin - me as a politico...I'd be terrible at that job! I'd be slapping the electorate down at every turn. I don't think I'd even make it through selection at party level! I do know more than most about the Poynton scheme but then, I've done a load of research on it.

Fox got the chickens :-( Fox has been active all over the Grove in the last 12 months - have now heard of several fellow chicken owners who've had their chickens pillaged in much the same way :-(
u
Drifter
11th February 2012 at 7:08PM
as a shop worker on park lane. im completely fed up with the road works. they seem to be building the olympic stadiums quicker than the new road. i cant understand the low curbs. its impossible to see where the curb is in the snow. the crossing points are useless. they would have done better having raised speed bump crossing points. that would be better to slow people down and give proper defined crossing points for all the old people. who continue to just waltz out without even looking. the daft island in the middle of the road is annoying. that way when deliveries or disabled people park on the road...pavement ? but not really the pavement because they dont outside of asda. then it causes problems because there is no overtaking space.
the police seem to harass people parking on the road. even though there is no yellow lines. and it is "a shared space".
the roundabouts need to be raised. and some lines defining and separating the two mini roundabouts would be good.
i HATE the junction at parklane/waitrose/the opticians . just put some damn lines there. its should not be mutual right of way . park lane is a road that continues through. people in the local area might be used to the ridiculous junction . but visitors will just assume that the standard road rules apply. just put some standard permament signs in and some lines.
positive : is the paving looks nice. lighting is fine on park lane . (but not on roundabouts) the roundabout on dickens /london road is good should have been done ages ago .
i think thats it . :)
TallPaul
Townsperson

TallPaul
14th February 2012 at 8:50AM
Adora Wrote:

Fox got the chickens :-( Fox has been active all over the Grove in the last 12 months - have now heard of several fellow chicken owners who've had their chickens pillaged in much the same way :-(

Are you sure it wasn't the Mountain Lion Adora?! Have you looked into an Eggloo? My mate swears by his and his chickens (The Colonol, Dipper and Nugget) are all safe :)

Back onto the road scheme however, since trying it out a few times since its partial reopening my opinion is slowly changing, the fact you have to think about road lines and markings really does make you slow down. I suppose problems arise here when you get someone in charge of a vehicle who has no regard for other road users. It does look very swish though :)

The junction at the opticians however is awful and as previously mentioned has the potential to cause a number of problems. All because they don't want to get any paint on those lovely blocks.

By the way does anyone have a rough idea on how much has been spent on this project? *Ahem* Adora?
Limecat
Banned
14th February 2012 at 11:33AM
TallPaul Wrote:

Adora Wrote:

Have you looked into an Eggloo?

Is that somewhere that eggs go to take a dump?
adenough
Drifter
14th February 2012 at 3:26PM
Adora Wrote:

Sounds like this is a Viking fox, rapeing a pilaging its way around the Grove?
TallPaul
Townsperson

TallPaul
14th February 2012 at 3:54PM
Limecat Wrote:

TallPaul Wrote:

Adora Wrote:

Have you looked into an Eggloo?

Is that somewhere that eggs go to take a dump?

No no its a new glue for chickens for when their run has been "foxed"
Foreversideway
Drifter
2nd March 2012 at 12:09PM
Absolute nightmare for cyclists. I went through it yesterday and the lanes are to small to allow cyclists to filter by the stationary traffic and when i got to the roundabout a guy tried to drive his car into me as he had no idea what to do. I also think looking at the materials used and considering the type and volume of traffic passing through that it won't be long before it require maintenance which will cause more aggravation.
Dave
Drifter
28th April 2012 at 12:18AM
I travel on this road daily and i have to say, its the worst stretch of road i've ever travelled. Nobody knows what to do. Shall i go, no stop, maybe go now. Whatever!!!! People just walking into the road when ever they like. Sreaching tyres, and tempers boiling. If i had an alternate route, i would use it for sure !!!
<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >>