10 10 / 10 from 1 Review

Mount Pleaseant - Bramhall Lane Junction

This thread was submitted to Hazel Grove

BlueGrover
Good Citizen

BlueGrover
Mount Pleaseant - Bramhall Lane Junction
15th January 2012 at 11:25AM
The new fence on Willard St is lovely, problem is it now makes this junction almost a blind corner. Anything coming at speed is a accident waiting to happen. Bonkers planning if it's SMBC, bonkers if it's a planning application that they approved.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Quote Report  
Coleman
Good Citizen

Coleman
Re: Mount Pleaseant - Bramhall Lane Junction
15th January 2012 at 11:31AM
Do you have to have planning consent for a fence? I'm not sure especially when there was one previously!

Does look to block a fair amount of the view from on coming traffic thought I must admit!
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
BlueGrover
Good Citizen

BlueGrover
15th January 2012 at 12:45PM
Another thing that popped into my mind. I think Willard St is unadopted, are the planing rules different?
Drifter
15th January 2012 at 5:24PM
Yes, looked at it this afternoon. Thanks for the alert cos something dozey at 07:00 in the morning is going to happen.

That said and I only drive by, the resident might consider pushing for is:

Make Mount pleasant junction with Bramhall Moor Lane and entry only. With no entry signs at the very end at BML. So Mount pleasant remains drivable as a 2 way direction.

Then on Grenville Road create a traffic light junction incorporating the pedestrian crossing and the exit from Stepping Hill Hospital.

That would then sort out the exiting from Mt.Pleasant and sort out the silliness at Grenville Road junction with Stepping Hill and safe guard the pedestrians and near car accidents and shoving through BML traffic that goes on.

slim
Townsperson

slim
15th January 2012 at 5:37PM
there was the remains of a fence already there so don't think any permission needed but saying that it is an accident waiting to happen.
Drifter
28th January 2012 at 11:17AM
I think I've spotted why there is a new fence.

The road line is about to changed. There are markings on the pavement suggesting the kerb on that side is being moved closer to the grassed area & the couple of houses located there.

Its marked in browny pink paint dashes.
Drifter
28th January 2012 at 2:43PM
slim Wrote:

there was the remains of a fence already there so don't think any permission needed but saying that it is an accident waiting to happen.

I think you will find the part of the fence has been taken down leaving a clear view for all.
BlueGrover
Good Citizen

BlueGrover
28th January 2012 at 4:18PM
Thanks for the update.
Former Willard
Drifter
29th January 2012 at 2:51PM
The fence recently erected replaces one damaged by utility workers some years ago. Beneficial to the two residential properties. You are right the road line is due to be altered very soon and that may enhance vision. With no access to Asda now less traffic but still a poor jct to exit.
Drifter
30th January 2012 at 3:30AM
Guest Wrote:

The fence recently erected replaces one damaged by utility workers some years ago. Beneficial to the two residential properties. You are right the road line is due to be altered very soon and that may enhance vision. With no access to Asda now less traffic but still a poor jct to exit.

Guest Wrote:

Why is the road line due to be altered Former Willard.

Can't understand why now they decide to make these changes, why not when all the huge ASDA vehicles were constantly getting stuck tryng to get around the corner.

I'm sure I read a headline somewhere yesterday stating that the streets of Hazel Grove are to change, but I seached online and couldn't find anymore on the story.

What changes are being planned, anyone know???

Drifter
30th January 2012 at 9:13AM
Its needs to be widen because it will allow traffic to divide better to go onto the A6 turning left. At the moment, the left turning traffic is driving on the pavement to get by traffic wanting to turn right because the traffic light sequencing is staggered and the left filter light remains on green longer. They will widen, then shift the 3 lanes over by the fence, towards the fence about half a car's width.

What I don't think it will address is the stupid drivers who want to access the second outside lane to the A6 stop line when there is a queue past Mt. Pleasant junction.

Traffic is regularly confronted when turning into BML from the A6, by drivers driving into the oncoming traffic from the A6 on the wrong side of the road to get to the right lane at the traffic stop line.

Part of..