Kills bloke robbing his house.....

This thread was submitted to Hazel Grove

<< 1 2 3 4 5 >>

Drifter
Re: Kills bloke robbing his house.....
20th September 2011 at 8:48AM
Guest Wrote:

Guest Wrote:

I'm reserving judgement on this for the moment. Before jumping to conclusions we should be asking ourselves is this incident all it appears to be, or could it be some other criminal matter made to look like a burglary gone wrong?

However if it turns out to be the burglary gone wrong that the homeowner says it is, I'm in total support of what he did. Furthermore I hope he gets some sort of recompense for any damages incurred, either to him or his property.

I visited California a few years ago, and many houses had a sign on the front door stating simply "Armed Response". If we in this country had the right to use lethal force against intruders, we would have far fewer intruders.

I suppose the opposing argument would be that the more defence that you give a home owner, the more tooled up that a robbing scrote will become.

Don't get me wrong, I am all for being able to knock 7 shades of sheet out of robbers as people often used to quote about them tripping on loose carpet and taking legal action against home owners and other waffle but you cannot help that this is partially due to increased 'defences' in the first place?

They physically can't steal his house, only it's fittings. His family wasn't in so the fear for their safety doesn't stand IMO so what's his most valuable belonging? Seemingly his Maserati which will be insured anyway. I wouldn't hand it over out of principle either but you can see why thieves have 'evolved' (I use the word loosely) into stealing the keys as they are the ticket to pandoras box.

In the past you could have just breach a switched and permanent live to the starter motor and off you go, they then introduce better and better alarms and immobilisers. People worked out how to get round them, so they coded components together and so on and so forth...

I often don't even lock my car now as all any car thief does is prize the door lock out/door top down to pull the lock, get in and then realise that they cannot start it so I would still have to repair panels (been there, done it, got the t-shirt!). I would rather they get in, have a nosey and realise they cannot do anything to start it. If I leave something of value in the car I lock it, otherwise they are more than welcome to have a snoop. Saying that, I would kick the living **** out of them if I found them doing so. LMAO.

Thieves are like water, they will take the easiest path and the more and more technology you put in place to stop them, the more they will continue along on their easiest route...

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
Adora
Good Citizen

Adora
20th September 2011 at 9:18AM

Climate, the Crime Prevention guys said as much to us - the more advance the technology for preventing theft - the more chance violence would ensue. One crime prevention bloke basically said "Don't have nice things - then you won't get robbed!"

After it happened to us, I basically fortified the house, working on the premis that if they want to get in, they will get in but they'll be leaving DNA in the form of fresh blood before they even get near a door or window!
Climate
Drifter
20th September 2011 at 9:29AM
I note that 'guest' still hasn't developed an opinion, a personality or even the ability to make a post worthy of note. What a ****.
HG-21
Banned
20th September 2011 at 10:19AM
Adora Wrote:

Climate, the Crime Prevention guys said as much to us - the more advance the technology for preventing theft - the more chance violence would ensue. One crime prevention bloke basically said "Don't have nice things - then you won't get robbed!"

After it happened to us, I basically fortified the house, working on the premis that if they want to get in, they will get in but they'll be leaving DNA in the form of fresh blood before they even get near a door or window!

Have you been watching Home Alone Adora?
I'm picturing paint cans tied to the banisters with string :)
BlueGrover
Good Citizen

BlueGrover
20th September 2011 at 12:22PM
HG-21 Wrote:

Adora Wrote:

That really made me laugh!
Adora
Good Citizen

Adora
20th September 2011 at 3:32PM
HG-21 Wrote:

Erm, well....yes! You're thinking is not far off the mark to be honest!
Drifter
20th September 2011 at 4:59PM
Guest Wrote:

I note that 'guest' still hasn't developed an opinion, a personality or even the ability to make a post worthy of note. What a ****.

YAAAAAWWWWNNNNN
seymourbutts
Townsperson

seymourbutts
21st September 2011 at 11:13PM
Back to the original story:

http://menmedia.co.uk/stockportexpress/news/s/1459286_revealed-the-lifetime-of-crime-of-knifed-burglar-killed-in-bramhall-home-raid

This post has been removed by a Forum Moderator because it broke the house rules.

Drifter
25th September 2011 at 9:24AM
seymourbutts Wrote:

Back to the original story:

http://menmedia.co.uk/stockportexpress/news/s/1459286_revealed-the-lifetime-of-crime-of-knifed-burglar-killed-in-bramhall-home-raid

On the basis of that article, the world is a safer place without thugs like him. Shame for the family however, he was no doubt someones son/brother etc.

Maybe the lazy cowards who make their 'living' by taking other peoples hard earned, will think twice in the knowledge that some people fight back.
<< 1 2 3 4 5 >>

Part of..