10 10 / 10 from 1 Review

Kills bloke robbing his house.....

This thread was submitted to Hazel Grove

<< 1 2 3 4 5 >>

Nemesis
Drifter
Re: Kills bloke robbing his house.....
19th September 2011 at 11:40AM
I saw some pictures on the Stockport express site showing the usual scruffy track suit wearing scum laying their inevitable floral tributes.
All I can say is my pity goes out to the business man who bravely defended what was his and zero pity to the burglar.
Some people may say it is only possessions and just let them have it, but it is more than that, it is stuff you have worked for and saved for, and to just hand it over to any rat faced scrote that comes a calling is a betrayal of your dignity and honour!
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
HG-21
Banned
19th September 2011 at 12:09PM
seymourbutts Wrote:

"Floral tributes to the dead man have been laid near the scene."

What do posters think of this ? It doesn't sit well with me that 'tributes' are appropriate for a man who died whilst performing a criminal act.

No, this is unacceptable. If you want to lay flowers to a criminal do it at their grave. Not at the site where someone has acted to protect their home and family. As the current story stands and the information we have I fully support the homeowner.

If I was a neighbour or family member those "tributes" would be lawnmowered and placed (correctly) in the green bin.

And guest - this is a discussion forum. That's the idea of us being able to type to each other.
If everyone didn't talk about things that have been found out about from other sources there would be nothing to discuss would there?
Silenzi
Townsperson

Silenzi
19th September 2011 at 12:24PM
Was going to leave a tribute but Clinton Cards were out of 'Glad you're dead, you robbing scumbag' cards.
Vaudrey Vamp
Drifter
19th September 2011 at 12:39PM
TAXPAYERS UNITE!. Do you want to see your tax money spent on a trial to see if this home owner was guilty?, hell no, its a clean cut case, thief leaves human rights at the gate, anything that happens to the thief after crossing that threshold is the thief's problem, what the owner should have done is just thrown the body outside of his property and then call the council to remove the rubbish, job done!
HG-21
Banned
19th September 2011 at 1:38PM
He has been released on bail (the homeowner).
Debbieh
Drifter
19th September 2011 at 1:42PM
I couldnt beleive it when the thiefs family turned up to lay flowers outside the "victims" house. What were they doing looking for expensive cars all the way from Northern Moor?!?!? If I lived on that street Id green wheely bin the lot of them... with the cellophane on as well, hard faced sods
Second Adora as to why theyd have the gaul to show their faces
deano
Drifter
19th September 2011 at 1:54PM
i would of done the same if that guy had come to my house.utter scum thinking they can just go and rob people !
Backgammon
Drifter
19th September 2011 at 7:33PM
I'm reserving judgement on this for the moment. Before jumping to conclusions we should be asking ourselves is this incident all it appears to be, or could it be some other criminal matter made to look like a burglary gone wrong?

However if it turns out to be the burglary gone wrong that the homeowner says it is, I'm in total support of what he did. Furthermore I hope he gets some sort of recompense for any damages incurred, either to him or his property.

I visited California a few years ago, and many houses had a sign on the front door stating simply "Armed Response". If we in this country had the right to use lethal force against intruders, we would have far fewer intruders.
Adora
Good Citizen

Adora
19th September 2011 at 7:55PM, Edit: 19th September 2011 at 7:56PM by Adora

Agree Backgammon. Although I'm fairly sure we'd have far more shootings in general if we went the way of America in terms of general gun ownership.

Interestingly, the floral tributes and the fact that the dead bloke's family showed up at the house were not mentioned on the evening news. Hmm...the flowers being placed have been the biggest talking point and caused the most consternation on the internet all day!
Climate
Drifter
19th September 2011 at 9:55PM, Edit: 19th September 2011 at 9:57PM by Adora
Guest Wrote:

I'm reserving judgement on this for the moment. Before jumping to conclusions we should be asking ourselves is this incident all it appears to be, or could it be some other criminal matter made to look like a burglary gone wrong?

However if it turns out to be the burglary gone wrong that the homeowner says it is, I'm in total support of what he did. Furthermore I hope he gets some sort of recompense for any damages incurred, either to him or his property.

I visited California a few years ago, and many houses had a sign on the front door stating simply "Armed Response". If we in this country had the right to use lethal force against intruders, we would have far fewer intruders.

I suppose the opposing argument would be that the more defence that you give a home owner, the more tooled up that a robbing scrote will become.

Don't get me wrong, I am all for being able to knock 7 shades of sheet out of robbers as people often used to quote about them tripping on loose carpet and taking legal action against home owners and other waffle but you cannot help that this is partially due to increased 'defences' in the first place?

They physically can't steal his house, only it's fittings. His family wasn't in so the fear for their safety doesn't stand IMO so what's his most valuable belonging? Seemingly his Maserati which will be insured anyway. I wouldn't hand it over out of principle either but you can see why thieves have 'evolved' (I use the word loosely) into stealing the keys as they are the ticket to pandoras box.

In the past you could have just breach a switched and permanent live to the starter motor and off you go, they then introduce better and better alarms and immobilisers. People worked out how to get round them, so they coded components together and so on and so forth...

I often don't even lock my car now as all any car thief does is prize the door lock out/door top down to pull the lock, get in and then realise that they cannot start it so I would still have to repair panels (been there, done it, got the t-shirt!). I would rather they get in, have a nosey and realise they cannot do anything to start it. If I leave something of value in the car I lock it, otherwise they are more than welcome to have a snoop. Saying that, I would kick the living **** out of them if I found them doing so. LMAO.

Thieves are like water, they will take the easiest path and the more and more technology you put in place to stop them, the more they will continue along on their easiest route...
<< 1 2 3 4 5 >>

Part of..