Discoloured water?

This thread was submitted to Hazel Grove

<< 1 2 >>

Adora
Good Citizen

Adora
Re: Discolored water?
2nd March 2012 at 8:58AM

The link above is taking me to a "Sorry, that page not found screen". The news feed on United Utility website now showing nothing about this!

Can anyone clarify for me, where exactly this is happening? I think it might be between Jacksons Lane and Chester Road near Woodford, so the whole of that country lane is out. Is that right?
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
deano
Drifter
2nd March 2012 at 9:09AM
its mill hill hollow you go across the junction from chester road and dean lane down the hill that is where the mains burst.my water was dodgy for about an hour yesterday but is now sorted.the road was closed all day not sure if it still is !
Adora
Good Citizen

Adora
2nd March 2012 at 9:11AM

Ah, where I thought then. Thank you Deano.
Adora
Good Citizen

Adora
2nd March 2012 at 12:43PM

It looks like this today:-

William_Wragg
Hazel Grove MP

William_Wragg
5th March 2012 at 9:34PM
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I've had an email today saying that it will be at least Wednesday before the road is re-opened.

It's a little difficult for me as a councillor because the damaged road is on the Poynton side, but I'm doing all I can to ask that the work is completed as quickly as possible.
Adora
Good Citizen

Adora
7th March 2012 at 9:22AM

I don't think being a councillor on any side of the boundary would make a smidge of difference, William.

If it's 'utility' (and clearly, this is!), they live in a parallel universe to the rest of us and the council has NO sway with them at all!
Putter
Drifter
Re: Discoloured water?
7th March 2012 at 2:20PM
Is the road still closed?
William_Wragg
Hazel Grove MP

William_Wragg
7th March 2012 at 6:28PM, Edit: 7th March 2012 at 6:29PM by William_Wragg
I take your point Adora. United Utilities are attending the next council meeting, and I have a few 'concerns' to raise with them. There is a government proposal to charge utility companies for the length of time they dig up the roads, which is a good idea.

As I drove past after work tonight, it looked like the road has reopened.
Drifter
7th March 2012 at 6:39PM, Edit: 7th March 2012 at 9:18PM by Administrator
William_Wragg Wrote:

There is a government proposal to charge utility companies for the length of time they dig up the roads, which is a good idea.

Not seen any of that in the press but I hope they have thought it through. ie. the charges don't come back the residents through the water rates being increased.

There should be a clause that puts it directly against the dividend so the share holders bear the cost of THEIR company failing in its operations. Same for any other incoveniencing public roads etc..

Gotta keep an eye of the crafty devils.
Melysia
Unverified

Melysia
11th March 2012 at 10:10PM
Thanks all, I thought it was just me! After a few hours it went back to normal. I avoided it for a while though. Our bills are going up I just noticed by 4quid a month. Rather a lot I think.
<< 1 2 >>