Cyclists and pavements.

This thread was submitted to Hazel Grove

<< 1 2 3 4 >>

seymourbutts
Townsperson

seymourbutts
Re: Cyclists and pavements.
27th February 2012 at 9:36AM
When cyclists start paying road tax, I will start listening to their bleating.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
Robot69
Citizen

Robot69
27th February 2012 at 11:51AM
Do you pay road tax ?
Robot69
Citizen

Robot69
27th February 2012 at 9:02PM
seymourbutts Wrote:

When cyclists start paying road tax, I will start listening to their bleating.

Plenty of ignorant twIts (can replace I for A) on here. Quite happy to be cocooned in there metal box and contributing to the pollution and draining the worlds resources to even consider other peoples modes of transports. Bit Like Not In My Back Yard or Not on My Piece of Tarmac as I pay a few quid I own it.

Some banging on about cyclists almost always breaking the highway code and going through red traffic lights - clearly a motorist would never do that or we'd have Red light cameras at traffic lights - Oh sorry there are a number even in the Grove. Clearly the consequences of a car over a bike are horrific. And no motorist speeds do they!! Oh, and the post starts about an article of a motorist driving on the pavement clearly a more serious issue than a bike riding on the pavement given the differential of the weight, mass and potential speed.

And as for a Councillor promoting the idea of shooting cyclists perhaps he and the rest of the half wits should plan better cycling lanes that are safe and worth using.

Most cyclists are also motorists so are suitably trained in the ways of the road.

When some know what they are talking about then people may listen to them but clearly their heads are stuck up there own butts hey seymour.

For the record, I am a motorist and I only rarely ride my bike but I give consideration to other road users whether they be trucks, cars, motor bikes, cyclists or pedestrians crossing the road and even car drivers that dont need to pay Vehicle Excise Duty due to the fact of their minimal pollution records i.e some Ford Fiestas, Seat Ibiza, Toyota iQs and VW Polos just like bicycles!
Coleman
Good Citizen

Coleman
28th February 2012 at 8:55AM
Robot69 Wrote:

Some banging on about cyclists almost always breaking the highway code and going through red traffic lights - clearly a motorist would never do that or we'd have Red light cameras at traffic lights - Oh sorry there are a number even in the Grove.

I'm pretty sure there isn't! Red light offences are not too common an occurrence for cars! Cyclists however do seem to think the lights don't apply to them.

Robot69 Wrote:

And as for a Councillor promoting the idea of shooting cyclists perhaps he and the rest of the half wits should plan better cycling lanes that are safe and worth using.

I'm pretty sure Kevin wasn't seriously suggesting that he would shoot cyclists, although i'm sure he has been tempted to in the past, I think we all have at some point.

Cycle lanes, i actually quite like in principle. Problem is very few roads have space for them and often cyclists seem to get confused by them and for some reason can't seem to stay in them.

Robot69 Wrote:

Most cyclists are also motorists so are suitably trained in the ways of the road.

I don't recall that part of my test, the bit where you get out of the car and on a bike then ride through traffic.
You would think i would remember something like learning a completely different type of discipline and skill set.

Robot69 Wrote:

even car drivers that dont need to pay Vehicle Excise Duty due to the fact of their minimal pollution records i.e some Ford Fiestas, Seat Ibiza, Toyota iQs and VW Polos just like bicycles!

VED is one thing, but they all have insurance and a licence don't they! They all have had training on how to use the vehicle and have been tested on the specific task of using the vehicle. Well all but the cyclists!
cllrkevinhogg
Hazel Grove Councillor

cllrkevinhogg
28th February 2012 at 1:06PM
Hey wait a bit you lot when did I want to shoot cyclists. Used to be one you know, long time ago now and it shows on my waistline
cllrkevinhogg
Hazel Grove Councillor

cllrkevinhogg
28th February 2012 at 1:11PM
Oh I get it now, I just re read the thread. I meant as I think Sundave did that I would love the top gear job read it again but I agree it could be taken either way. Sorry!!!!
Robot69
Citizen

Robot69
28th February 2012 at 1:12PM
cllrkevinhogg Wrote:

Hey wait a bit you lot when did I want to shoot cyclists. Used to be one you know, long time ago now and it shows on my waistline

M'Lord, I draw your attention to the evidence of the first post by yourself on page two on this thread....pretty damming if you ask me.

Perhaps you need to get back on yer bike!
Coleman
Good Citizen

Coleman
28th February 2012 at 1:55PM
So just to clarify, Kevin meant he want's a job on Top gear (who doesn't) and i meant i would love the job of shooting cyclists if such a job existed!

And for the sake of those without a sense of humour, i am not saying that i actually want to or will in fact one day start shooting cyclists, it's just a fantasy! And to make sure i am not seen as biased, i would also love the job of shooting:-

Incompetent drivers,
People who park where they shouldn't,
The workshy,
Criminals,
etc.
cllrkevinhogg
Hazel Grove Councillor

cllrkevinhogg
28th February 2012 at 2:20PM
Robot I meant top gear the jury is still out read the bottom posts on page 1. I may have misread it the first time but still maintain Sundave who I was responding to meant Jeremy clarksons job.
Come on Dave what did you mean
Limecat
Banned
28th February 2012 at 10:09PM
Coleman Wrote:

So just to clarify, Kevin meant he want's a job on Top gear (who doesn't) and i meant i would love the job of shooting cyclists if such a job existed!

And for the sake of those without a sense of humour, i am not saying that i actually want to or will in fact one day start shooting cyclists, it's just a fantasy! And to make sure i am not seen as biased, i would also love the job of shooting:-

Incompetent drivers,
People who park where they shouldn't,
The workshy,
Criminals,
etc.

God damn it, I hate agreeing with you. It's like shitbreak and Stiffler getting on, it just doesn't work...

It sounds like robot69 was indeed programmed in 1969.

Make a joke and he goes all 'does not compute'
If reply + 'does not compute' then goto 10.
10 PRINT Councillor Hogg is the spawn of satan.
20 goto 10.

LMAO. Seriously Robot69, get a grip!?!
<< 1 2 3 4 >>

Part of..