A Town in Cheshire

0 Area has not been reviewed yet

Bus service 391/392/393

This thread was submitted to Poynton

KH79
Drifter
Bus service 391/392/393
15th November 2012 at 1:12PM
It may not be common knowledge in Poynton, but in Macclesfield there is information attached to the bus stops that Cheshire East are withdrawing their funding for 392/392 and 393 services. There is talk of combining a service to serve Stockport to Poynton, which Manchester would be funding and not Cheshire, but there would be no service between Poynton and Macclesfield. I know there are many people using this service for school, work, health appointments, and general shopping that will have issues without it. I have started a petition at:

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/bus-cancellation-391392393-and-10a/signatures

They are also removing the funding for any transport between Bollington and Macclesfield after 6pm in the evening.

If you could add your signature to this, hopefully we can try and get something re-instated before we loose this service for good, and many of our young and older residents will be left stranded.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
Ellie Robinson
Drifter
Re: Bus service 391/392/393
15th November 2012 at 3:17PM
Hello, I'm a Journalism student at Salford University. I've noticed this post and I was wondering if I could possibly write about your issue? If that was okay, my email is ellie_595@hotmail.co.uk if you have any spare time to answer some questions it would be much appreciated,
thank you,
Ellie Robinson
David Buxton
Drifter
Re: Bus service 391/392/393
21st November 2012 at 6:54PM
The information I received from cheshire east was that the 391 service was to cease and the 392/393 would only run between Macclesfield and Hazel Grove and be rerouted to serve part of the 391 service but not covering Middlewood