0 Area has not been reviewed yet

Beech House Surgery

This thread was submitted to Hazel Grove

<< 1 2 >>

JD
Drifter
Beech House Surgery
27th July 2011 at 8:42AM
Trying to get through for the past 25 minutes but both numbers say "the surgery is now closed". Anyone know why? I know it closes between 12:30 - 13:15 but it's 13:40 now.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Quote Report  
hadenough
Drifter
Re: Beech House Surgery
27th July 2011 at 12:27PM
Happens all the time, most unreliable doctors practice this side of Manchester, something needs to be done about this lot.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
Beano
Drifter
27th July 2011 at 2:22PM
I find that if you give them a weeks notice of when I will be ill then I can usually get in

This post has been deleted by the author.

Climate
Drifter
27th July 2011 at 2:56PM
It was closed other than for pre-booked appointments this afternoon.

If you were planning on dropping in a repeat prescription you can do it online here; http://beechhousesurgery.co.uk/repeat-prescriptions/
Coleman
Good Citizen

Coleman
28th July 2011 at 5:01AM
Guest Wrote:

I find that if you give them a weeks notice of when I will be ill then I can usually get in

That's funny because i find that i can always get in same day as can my partner and daughter!

You just have to ring first thing (for an am appointment) or straight after they reopen in the afternoon (for a pm appointment.

They are a very busy doctors though so you have to be quick or all the coffin dodgers will take appointments for their itchy nose or slight cough!
JD
Drifter
28th July 2011 at 5:11AM
I ended up walking there at around 4pm, saw the sign on the door about prebooked appointments but the whole place was shut and the lights weren't on.

Rang again this morning and enquired as to why i couldn't get through yesterday afternoon and just got an abrubt "we were closed!"
Robot69
Citizen

Robot69
28th July 2011 at 8:38AM
We moved from there a number of years ago because of their poor 'bed side manner' with the receptionists being the worst I have ever come across and the Dr's not seeming to care whether there was anything wrong or not even to the point, after several visits over a couple of weeks, I insisted on a second opinion at which point they referred my son to hospital where he was admitted for several days with a genuine illness.

Its a typical example of why the NHS gets a bad name. Clearly I'm not a fan!
JD
Drifter
28th July 2011 at 8:55AM
Robot69 Wrote:

We moved from there a number of years ago because of their poor 'bed side manner' with the receptionists being the worst I have ever come across and the Dr's not seeming to care whether there was anything wrong or not even to the point, after several visits over a couple of weeks, I insisted on a second opinion at which point they referred my son to hospital where he was admitted for several days with a genuine illness.

Its a typical example of why the NHS gets a bad name. Clearly I'm not a fan!

I totally agree with you with regards to the receptionists, bloody awful! And there does seem to be an air from the Doctors that they don't give one. Thankfully, i'm moving from the Grove in a couple of months so won't have to put up with it for much longer.
Coleman
Good Citizen

Coleman
28th July 2011 at 9:36AM
To be fair of all the doctors at the surgery the majority are good and a couple are excellent. But equality there are a couple which are poor.

The same applies to the receptionists, i think there are 3 regular receptionists that work there two of which are nice, friendly and helpful but one is truly terrible!
Nichola7177
Villager

Nichola7177
28th July 2011 at 11:46AM
I have had several issues with Beech House recently, including one of the older docs who is retiring soon, ringing up and shouting at me. I had a poorly 10 week old baby that he refused to see which was very poor form. I have also been prescribed something for my 3 year old which said on the box not for under 10's. When I rang to query this, another doc said that under no circumstances was I to give this to my daughter.
I have also had run ins with the receptionist which my husband calls the trout where she has denied all knowledge of booking me appointments. I have an ongoing medical problem which I have to have regular treatment for which she almost buggered up until I stamped my feet!
Saying that, all the other receptionist are brilliant. I have tonsilitis and a wedding tomorrow and when I rang today for an appointment was told there was none. They did however book me in for first thing tomorrow when I explained the situation :)
The rest of the docs with the exception of the old one and one other are all excellent too.
<< 1 2 >>

Local Discussions

No recent discussions found.